LiveZilla Live Help
Low pop.. Need change?

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Low pop.. Need change?

Well, it happen again like every month. first of, it starts well. much player, server is busy. etc

now its pretty low again,   Extreme and me talked about it, and we pretty much just cant understand it why it is this way. 
We hear so often " Best Server" etc. But we rly dont have the most players...  

for me, i tried many things. I advertise ( actually with money ) on websites for us, we posting at Forums, telling other people.
But nothing seems to help much . 
So i just wanted to ask you guys, what do you think, why it is that way that it is ? .
What you think about the server?  Does it need changes? What would you suggest to change?

We actually thought about some changes and i also wanna hear what you would say about those aswell - 
  • Removing ZLvls / Adding for that the "HuntRPG" in a modified version
  • Building the Safezone at a "free" place, where you actually can walk out, walk in, etc ( still not build ) 
  • Events will be only 2-3 times a day, but then they will be "big" events over 30 min , battlefield, on special arena.
  • Enable Decay again for 1/2 strength. 
  • Remove of the Market to force players to more "contact" 
ADMIN, ADMIN, PLIS HELP ,ME NO ENGLIS

i think you should make it official server so everyone can search for it and with that i think it will be more popular Smile

(11-12-2016, 08:52 AM)YosefDodge Wrote: i think you should make it official server so everyone can search for it and with that i think it will be more popular Smile

Currently 90% of our playerbase is using cracked RUST client, so I don't think going official would work for us.

I was thinking about decreasing the map size from 4000 (16km^2) to 3500 (11,5km^2), so more interaction would happen probably and the map wouldn't be potentially smaller for the general amount of players.
Zero tolerance against cheaters.
Extreme efficiency in extreme conditions.

your work is showing results 30 ish players is a good portion, i approve those ideas, especially :

-Events will be only 2-3 times a day,
-Minimize the map
-Enable decay

good work, good server, best of luck

Hello there,
Some of you might know me, as the most retard person they have ever met, or seen ...
It's 'a me, John Kane!

Regarding the issue, I'm practically quite the new player here, but my analysis has brought up some results Crushed would be interested about, as in:

Players/people go off at the end of the month because: only thing left to do before a wipe is to hunt down people and since the map is quite big, they are hard to find, so most of them either leave for good or waiting patiently for the wipe.

I think that is enough to be said and what you can actually do is, as some things were said before:

1. Decrease map-size, big yes. I know it sounds bad but it will give more interaction between players, no one will be able to run in some depopulated map area so he can have his loot safe.
2. Removing and adding certain plugins, I don't know about that, but what you can do ... and I know you are not going to agree with this, or many other won't, but ... and this way we solve problem 1 too ... make it harder. The gather rate and everything else, just a lil bit harder so you don't have to wipe every month, and keep that player count high for 2 months in a row. I don't say that there should be no more wipes, it's just that I felt that acquiring certain things was TOO easy, and this sent your "RUST IS HELL" down at the bottom of the cliff.

And I am just saying, my own personal opinion.

Also, if you need a CM dealing with Romanian and English, hit me up.
What is death for the living?

(12-02-2016, 04:01 AM)johnkane Wrote: The gather rate and everything else, just a lil bit harder so you don't have to wipe every month, and keep that player count high for 2 months in a row. I don't say that there should be no more wipes, it's just that I felt that acquiring certain things was TOO easy, and this sent your "RUST IS HELL" down at the bottom of the cliff.

We have to wipe at each month, it's a decision made by the developers.
Zero tolerance against cheaters.
Extreme efficiency in extreme conditions.

wipe per month , wipe per month is not really good like if any new players join mid wipe there is already guns and peoples with c4s and stuff so its hard for new people thats why not many new peoples join the server

i know this is kinda old but..  So the problem is player count at the end of the wipe. so like someone said make map smaller and maybe wipe more often? The most satisfying thing is probably like the first week when ure building your base, gathering resourses pvp with bows, p2 and semi. I like a lot that early game. so maybe try wiping every 2 weeks ? That way gather rate wont be too big cause u have to rebuild more often. And decay pls. I wanna know if that base is abbandoned or not. I might be able to bring like 10-15 active people into this server if it has enough interractions between players, cause we are looking for a decent server and the one we are playing in now has max 30 players right now so its annoying to go through the whole map to kill a couple of guys :/